Friday, June 15, 2007

loveology

today is the first day of my new life here in montreal. today is the day i realised how much i adore this city and ive only been here for 3 days. ive been mopy and sulking around canada ever since i arrived and that has affected my stay here, i havent really enjoyed myself and havent given the country a chance all because ive been too busy comparing everything to melbourne. i love melbourne, im in love with melbourne and melbourne will always be home to me! my family lives there, my children, my friends, my partners in crime...i love you so much and not being around is really affecting me. but i must fucking stop this stupid behaviour, yes its completely natural to miss the place you affectionly called home for 8-10months. montreal has a certain flare, an energy that i loved as soon as i hopped off the bus i think this is the place i belong right now. i was exploring the plateau and the mile end, i fell in love instanly, there's just something about it, the houses, the stores, cafes and the lovely gentleman who offered his help when he noticed i was a bit lost (i missed the street i wanted all because i was too busy looking around with a hint of glimmer in my eyes). the people here are beautiful, stunning, sexy, friendly and bilingual! i love hearing the combination of french and english whenever i walk down the street!! i can see myself hanging around the plateau and mile end a lot...i wont be living too far away.

so yes, lesson learnt...melbourne is fucking amazing...but montreal could be just as fantastic (maybe even more so) if you just let it!!


all i wish is for the process to hurry up, for me to move in my amazing house and get to know my fabulous housemates a bit more. make my room feel "homely", cook tasty things and create a new "family" (dont worry they wont compare to my melbourne family :). oh, and find that "job" i oh so despeartly need!

julie, all i could say is..i wish you were fucking here with me! i had an amazing cupcake from that cupcake bakery on mont royal..it was tasty. i missed you a little bit extra today. listening to regina and eating cupcakes always does that too me. you are me and i am you.. :(

emma, i wish i were there to give you a hug and a kiss for your 21st. i hate how i am not there to celebrate with you, it would(will be) an amazing night. i miss seeing you everyday doing absolutely nothing. we've only known each other for 3 months but you're already a part of me.

taylor, i miss your jokes, your laugh and the super intelligent conversations you have. yes i miss not knowing what the heck you're talking about! i also miss "yewww hooo...agrgrgagaga".

jan, michael & mandy, i miss your sweetness, your kisses, hugs, sillyness, warmth and the entertaining movie nights and drinking nights at your house.

chris, you've always amazed me with your intelligence and the way you always seem to amuse me whenever you're drunk! "he's suppose to go to the deb to get the money!". or when you were pretending to be a cat on our living room floor!

claudio, i miss your laugh, smile, kindness, the wrong first aid practises annd of course, EAT FACE!!

fiona, there's so much i miss about you! you're such an intelligent person, i've learnt a lot from you! i miss our jokes, dvd marathons, drinking "hot chocolate" from coffee cups at the front of our house waiting "people watching", i miss cooking brunch, i miss waking you up! i miss our walks and chats.

TBONE, you where there for me...always...even when i didnt ask...even when you were swapped with uni work. you where there. i can never ever thank you enough. i love you a lot and wish all good things for you!

leigh, i know things between us have been rough...please know that i love you a lot. you have been part of my melbourne life even before i moved! the thought of losing your friendship makes me weep. i hope things get better for you, that you find what makes you happy, you deserve more than anyone i know. you've brought a lot of happyness, joy, laughs and funtimes in my life. you're pretty cool and i love you.

harriet, you make me laugh...a lot. i also wish all things great for you! you're an amazing girl with great intelligence and talent with whatever you choose to do!

jess & jazzi, i have never ever met anyone like the two of you before nor have i seen hearts as big as yours. you've added an extra spice in my life that i have loved instanly! you make me smile from ear to ear! not to mention make me laugh until my sides hurt!

sarah k, you're an amazing warm person. dont forget that...i wish i could hug you...itll get better. i promise. i love you!

alexia, i have never met a girl with a heart as big as yours. i know we havent spoken in a while but please know that i think of you always. i love you and hope things get better for you.

sophie, annur & mary, i wish i got to know you girls better. the short time we got to hang out i enjoyed immensly! hopefully we'll meet again. keep in touch and dont forget me!

elise, thank you for listening to all my babbling, all my stupidity and sillyness. i thank you...words cannot express how greatful i am to know you. you're heart is so big. you're an amazing person..don't ever let anyone make you think otherwise.

finally,

melbourne i thank you. i thank you for being yourself, for being a city i am comfortable with, comfortable enough to walk the streets at night, to be myself, for making me meet the greatest group of friends anyone could imagine, for making me grow into the person i am, the person i am suppose to be (a vagina loving whore that showers her friends with food), and for making me realise what i want to do for the rest of my life (open up my own cafe).




woah..i did not intend this post to be so, so sappy ! but i guess its a way for me to move onto the next chapter of my life. spending everyday alone tends to make you over analyze everything...i hate being inside my head.


as a side note:
i have an urge to get a new tattoo! hrmm...cupcake on my inner left arm? start my half sleeve of cherry blossoms and koi? or robot on my ribs? meh


"Summer in the city, I'm so lonely lonely lonely
So I went to a protest just to rub up against strangers
And I did feel like coming but I also felt like crying
It doesn't seem so worth it right now "

No comments: